Thursday, August 31, 2006

Why haven't these been answered?

OK...I've been waiting patiently for these replies to my questions, but I must say, I am pretty disappointed. To review all of the questions, click here.

If you are too lazy (like I am), here are some of the questions. (I have removed a few due to the fact that I don't really care these days...)

*****UPDATE: LGF was the first person to answer, so I'm posting his replies. Come on, y'all...get in the groove here! I will post new replies in different colors to show that I'm equal opportunity and all that.

1. The singers for Air Supply…gay or not gay? (I’m not a homophobe…I’m just wondering. After the revelation in a comment left about Fabio being gay, I’m leaving NO STONE or SINGER unturned.) I realize this dates me as a true ‘80’s chick, but it’s something I’ve wondered about since jr. high. I always thought they were singing to each other.

LGF sez: Not that anyone knows. While Graham Russell and Russell Hitchcock may well be two of the biggest wusses in the music industry, they aren't out of the closet.

BP Hockey Chick sez: Air Supply - that depends on if you mean gay like they suck or gay like homosexual. I'd say yes to the first and no to the second.

Des sez: There's an SNL skit with Chris Farley and Tim meadows about 2 straight guys that sing love songs to each other. I think we all know who they mean.


2. Why doesn’t Tonya Harding go out for roller derby? She can skate and kick ass (as we’ve seen in various news items through the years), plus she’s kind of scary-looking. Not ugly, just intimidating.

UPDATE: Tonya Harding has a website...www.tonyaharding.com. Maybe I should visit and ask her about the roller derby options.

LGF sez: Probably not as much publicity... or money...combined with lack of interest

BP Hockey Chick sez: She's definitely an American phenomenon: we don't really have roller derby or female boxing here the way she would fit in down there. Sorry, you're stuck with her.

Des sez: .I think the roller derby chicks are tougher than Tonya.

Mr. Fabulous sez: It is time I fessed up. I have always had a thing for Tonya Harding. (Note from editor:
Why am I NOT surprised this is the only question he would answer?)

3. Why do people get so offended at the crocodiles in “Pearls Before Swine”? To me, they’re hilarious because they’re stupid yet optimistic, but I don’t identify them as being a different ethnic group than myself. Different species, yes. To me, when I read the crocs’ dialogue, I think of Cookie Monster (who is also a different species than myself). If you recall, one of his standard lines is “Me do anything for cookie.” Me just want answers.

LGF sez: Because people are stupid, and anything will offend someone these days, like the taco bell dog for example.

BP Hockey Chick sez: Again, must be an American thing. I've never seen the comic. But the speech strikes me as a Jamaican patois. But I don't know why people would be offended by that. People get their knickers in a twist by a good stiff wind these days.

Des says: What ethnic group are they supposed to be? The funny one? Because that's correct. And who are the mouse, pig, zebra, etc. supposed to be?

4. Why isn’t there a law that once Academy Award nominations are released, there should also be a “gag order” on all articles predicting who will win? I don’t want to find out until that night, y’all! Especially if my choices don’t agree with the “general public’s”.

LGF sez: Because if there wasn't all the hype and guessing, there'd be an even smaller tv audience.

BP Hockey Chick sez: I hate the Academdy awards so I think there should be a gag order on the whole damned thing. I hate all awards shows. Waste of TV. But then again I'm a Discovery Channel, TLC and A&E nerd.

Des sez: They have to validate such a long ceremony. Why do they save best actor for last? Sexist.


5. Why do both Betty and Veronica chase after Archie? Why don’t they see the light on a permanent basis and sue him jointly for alienation of affection or something? Also, if Reggie technically could have Veronica, why does he go after Big Moose’s girlfriend when he knows he’s going to get the ever-loving CRAP beaten out of him? (Yes, I do stay up at night thinking about these things. That’s what happens when one has no life.)

LGF sez: Personally I always thought they should just start dating each other.

BP Hockey Chick sez: They both chase Archie because everyone else in the town is fully taken, I think. And Reggie's an ass. I always liked Betty.

Des sez: Betty & Veronica combined are the perfect girl. This comic was written by a man. Sexist.


8. While at the Metro station last night, I ran across three gentlemen in their 20s wearing Hooters t-shirts and fake WWF Champion Belts. Why is it that the Champion Belts look good on the actual WWF people, but on any other schmuck it looks like a girdle?

LGF sez: Two words.......body size.

BP Hockey Chick sez: They don't look good on wrestlers either. I hate wrestling.

Des sez: Sexist.

9. What, exactly, is the appeal of “Sleepless in Seattle”? It’s a movie about two people who’ve never met. One’s a lonely widower who should have called the classic rock station in Seattle to request “Nights in White Satin”, but he called the talk radio station instead. His white-bread sadness is somehow heard by a Woman Who Doesn’t Know What She Wants (Meg Ryan), and she decides that she has to meet this guy. She’s dumping a perfectly nice guy who loves her for some guy she’s never met who could be an axe murderer. I saw it, and I came out angry because it was so TOTALLY unrealistic. Completely, unilaterally unrealistic and annoying. Sorry, folks. I guess I ain’t a romantic.

LGF sez: It's a movie about destiny. It helps people hold on to that belief that if two people are truly meant to be together, that nothing can keep them from finding each other. The fact that they live on opposite sides of the country away, and still find each other.... and all of this without the benefit of cupid.com!

BP Hockey Chick sez: I've never seen the movie so I can't really comment. I really don't like chick flicks. (Note from editor: You are not missing a damned thing. This is one of the few films that moved me to throw Raisinets at the screen by the POUND.)

Des sez: There's no appeal.


So, since we've got answers, I can guess the following about LGF, anyway...

1. He's a hopeless romantic
2. He's into chick-on-chick comic book action
3. He hates Air Supply as much as I do.

I knew I liked him for a reason.

*****Update: Since BP Hockey Chick and Des also answered questions, let me make additional notes:

From BP: Sidebar - man, I seem to hate a lot this morning. Must need more coffee.
So, there you go. My grumpy 7 am answers. :-)

No mention of Des' caffeine consumption. OH well...that's how it goes, I guess.

And Mr. Fab, as usual, does the minimum but still manages to make my skin crawl. (Just kiddin', Mr. Fab...I'm blaming the skin crawling on Tony Danza.)


Any other answers? Bring 'em on!!!!!!
Sudiegirl