Monday, May 05, 2008

Sudie's weekend report...

Well, I had a pretty good weekend, all things considered.

Highlights:

**Went to a "Kentucky Derby"/birthday party with a jam session inserted for good measure. I never watched the Kentucky Derby on TV before, and it was quite interesting. I was saddened about the passing of Eight Belles but that's horse business for ya. I personally rooted for Big Truck, with odds of 20-1.

**Saw my friend Gregg H. from high school days - we went to different schools but were in a lot of the same activities so we gravitated toward each other more often than not. It was good to see him - other than the shaved head, I would have recognized him anywhere! We caught up to a degree and it was a good time overall. Lots of taxi rides and giggles.

**GORGEOUS WEATHER. 'Nuff said on that one.


The only disturbing thing? Lack of naps. Also, I think I was the only person in America that didn't see "IRON MAN" so there ya go.

You know something, though? I haven't had a truly AWFUL weekend in a long time. I realize I've probably jinxed myself but I don't care...I have been relatively yucky-weekend-free for a while. Part of it is the fact that D and I have found a regular thing to do on Saturdays and Sundays.

We go to McDonalds and hang out with some older people that we've kind of "adopted" as part of our Maryland family. Go figure.

They're all older than we are, but it's OK because we both seem to relate to older people as well as folks our age. When I was younger, I was always amused by the "coffee klatches" that would develop at places like McDonalds. I vowed that I would NEVER do that...I don't like coffee, and I imagined myself to be too sophisticated.

Things change, and I found out that sophistication isn't all it's cracked up to be. As a matter of fact, it can be damned lonely, so I'd rather be around friends and giggling about everyday stuff than in some stuffy artistic salon setting.

So I'm changing, and it's a good thing, right?

Yes?

Please say so. I don't wanna change.