Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Angry is as angry does (?)


BTW, this picture came from CartoonChurch. Click HERE to go there.

I was going to do a post about what kinds of magazines dogs would read if they could read.

Really, I was.

I was brainstorming with my friend L yesterday at lunch and the ideas were flying about like poison arrows. OH...it was gonna smoke the blogosphere, for sure.

But the enthusiasm waned...go figure.

I was stuck all day on a topic. I was going to write about my memories of Shields and Yarnell, but then I went to his website and he likes himself way more than I do. Plus he and Yarnell got divorced and that news made me cranky. To be fair, he didn't mention that they actually DIVORCED...it was just like all of a sudden Yarnell wasn't there and wife #2 was...as the Church Lady from "SNL" said, "How CONVEEEE-NIENT."

But then, I found this article. Click here to read it...it's all about what you do if you hate your job. You know...I could have phrased it much more succinctly. Here ya go. If you hate your job, you:

  • Quit
  • Shut the hell up
  • Don't quit or shut the hell up...that way you might get fired and then you can collect unemployment.
So we got this whole "hate"/"anger" thing going on in the world. Yeah...people hate their jobs, their cars, their houses, each other, the world...big f'ing surprise.

You'd think you could escape them on the internet, but there is an open door policy on assholes around here too.

Between blog reviewers/bloggers that think it's cool to be hateful (whether or not a disclaimer is posted), insipid feature articles like the one I linked to above, and web-sites that are racist/sexist/homophobic, or any other "ic" and "ist" thing you can think of, sometimes I think I'm better off not writing anything. God knows I can handle the indignity of being called a "f**ktard" or an "a$$hat", but that doesn't mean I want to.

Some folks even think that if they state the reasons they're so hateful (disease, addiction, abuse, etc), it will justify insulting someone else to the point that the things they enjoy doing on the internet have lost their appeal.

I'm not a Pollyanna by any means, but I don't always hate the world and everything in it.

I'm bipolar, but I work hard to not take my disease out on anyone.

I had my share of s**t shoveled on top of me throughout my life, no doubt about it. A lot of it was self-induced, and a lot of it I didn't deserve...but it was still s**t.

But if I have these things going on in my life but I'm not venomous to everyone in the free world, what in God's name is wrong with ME????

I must be either an a$$hat or a f**ktard, though, because I'll just keep writing.

And I still don't know if it's spelled "doughnut" or "donut". Maybe I should just eat the damn thing and forget about it.