Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sudiegirl's terrible, horrible, no-good-very-bad-day


"I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day."

From Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst.

Alexander, my love, I can SOOOOOO relate.

Last night, D (still room-mate status) and I spent the better part of the evening removing carpet from our spare room because there's BEAUTIFUL wood flooring underneath that is much more desirable than the mangy carpet we had before.

SO, we were also supposed to have someone take a second look at the spare room to see if it passed muster. This person was supposed to be at our place at 7, but he didn't show. I called him at 7:30 PM and he said that he was not going to take the room after all and he was sorry about it. Meantime, another interested party in the room is no longer interested b/c he didn't get the job he interviewed for. GREAT. Two for two.

Also, DD was in a half-pissy mood and has "banned" me from his cube because he said I was acting "kissy kissy". I am not sure what constitutes "kissy kissy" behavior or where he got that, but banned I am. This does mean, however, that he has to actually hoof it over to my cube if he wants anything from me so it's good to make him work. Whatever...he can be a neurotic spaz but he has a nice ass so I guess there are tradeoffs.

OK - so back to the carpet - I'm sure you wanna know WHERE did we put the nasty carpet and padding that we excavated from the room? Well, D was SUPPOSED to take it out and put it by the dumpsters.

HOWEVER...where did he put it? RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR FRONT DOOR so we look like a couple of REDNECKS that "cain't find nothin' ta do with tha damned CAR-PET".

WHEN did I find it? THIS MORNING as we were leaving for work. I open the door, and there's musty stinky carpet right by the front door, so I calmly asked D, "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS DOING HERE!?"

He was half-awake (thank you, Seroquel...I hate that crap...) and was like, "I was too tired to take it all the way outside..." My response was rolled eyes and a growl in my throat as I said, "Why the hell didn't you TELL ME? I would have helped you take it out!"

More mumbles from Seroquel boy. He asked me to drive to work this morning, and I did so JUST so I could have my mind on something else. We got to Silver Spring in good time, though. I was proud of that.

I get to work and find the negative response from the second guy so that means I gotta put a listing back in Craigslist AGAIN (great...). In the meantime, we've got two new guys starting, we're supposedly starting to interview for a new deputy CIO soon, and that means Sudiegirl gets to adjust all the phone lists (audio and text), submit phone requests to the telecom department, translate for the phone impaired, etc. GRRRRRRRR.

Oh, and while I was at work? I discovered that my pants were ripped in TWO (count 'em) different places, both in very embarrassing spots. GREAT. So I had to run hither and yon to find a sewing kit, and once I did, I immediately retired to the ladies' room to fix 'em. I did not pass go or collect $200, so right there you just KNOW hilarious hi-jinks will result.

I'm in the restroom, fixin' the pants...and of course, with Sudiegirl's notorious bad luck, there are some highlights:

  1. It's quite humorous to watch a woman with bad eyesight thread a needle...this is why the Industrial Revolution took place, you know...so women like me wouldn't go blind(er) from threading tiny-ass needles in sweatshops.
  2. One of the team leaders saw the lower half of me sitting on the floor in the bathroom stall stitchin' my britches and thought I was (quote) "not well". So she goes and grabs someone else (my co-worker that sits next to me) to check on me. They call my name and I answer. The team leader said (with mix of relief/exasperation), "Geez! I thought something was wrong with you!" I tried saying, "Well, there was...I guess...it was a fashion emergency," but it was kind of lost in the shuffle.
So anyway...before the whole "pants-travaganza", DD came over to my desk and gave me some tunes to look up chords for. I did astound him with knowledge of the following:
  1. Lindsey Buckingham is NOT a chick.
  2. Lindsey Buckingham did not play bass for Fleetwood Mac (that would be John McVie)
But he did the one thing that I hate in regards to music...he said, "I need you to look up a song for me."

Did he know the NAME of the tune? Nope.

Did he know the group/singer that recorded it? Double nope.

Could he hum the tune? Not sure...he didn't want to, at any rate.

I growled at him, "So you want me to look up a song that you don't know the name of, you don't know who performed it, and you can't hum the tune?"

I think he smelled the danger and slowly walked away.

So anyway...if this day gets NO better, I will be throwing things. You might wanna duck, even if you're on the other side of planet Earth. My aim improves when I'm pissed off, you know.