Saturday, August 12, 2006

Quickie Saturday...

Well...either my computer's too slow or Blogger is doing its infamous "I'm not going to post pictures today" routine which pisses me off...oh well.

It's GORGEOUS again here in the DC Metro area, and tonight is the "Hawaiian theme" gig for the Big Band Society. Alas and alack, I have grown out of most of my PRIMO Hawaiian shirts (it's been a long time since high school) so I guess I'll just ahve to deal some other way.

One recommendation...rent (or watch through On Demand) "The Aristocrats". It is a documentary about the "dirtiest joke ever told". Everyone who's anyone in comedy is in it, not to mention the staff of The Onion. It's not only hilarious, but it really shows how a joke can be as unique as the person telling it. It's kind of like that old "Telephone" joke from childhood, where the end product doesn't turn out nearly as well as the beginning, or else it's better than it started out. Really good stuff folks.

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow with a full swingin' Hawaiian report.

Smooches!
Your Sudiegirl