Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tuesday - but no Rubies here...


Only one fractured headline…

Urban Pest Will Soon Be Out for Blood
(Oh no...you mean the Naked Cowboy from Times Square has turned into a zombie?)

Man…this is frustrating, when you can’t make snotty comments about the headlines of the day because they're so SPARSE. No fair!

However, that does give me time to talk about good things.

Number one, first and foremost, MY NIECE, COURTNEY K. , made Student of the Month at Washington Jr. High School. YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!! I am so very proud of her. Her sister and brother are no slouches in the school department either - they've been given honors for their hard work as well.


I know I’m just a proud aunt who’s bragging, but the "Three C's" really are great kids. Courtie's taking voice lessons and guitar lessons, and really blossoming into a good kid. She fights with her mom, and her little sister annoys her, but that’s how life goes in Teenageville. Cam and Chloe aren't far behind either. Cam is just as smart on whip on most everything, and Chloe is persistent if she doesn't understand things. Chloe is one of the few girl kids I know that likes math. She likes mysteries too, especially "The X-Files" and "CSI".

Anyway, there’s the personal stuff. Now, on to the “news at hand”.

In the “You Can Lead a Whore to Culture, but you Can't Make Her Think” department, Anna Nicole Smith has the Supreme Court on her side…yes, the little nymph won her claim on the fortune of her dear, dessicated, dead husband. She took her case all the way to the Supreme Court, and the li’l tramp won. Who’d have thunk it? Now she can buy her former weight in diet pills to keep her new-found figure, and the balance of the universe remains off.




Next, in the “Why the hell didn’t anyone tell ME?” department, George Clooney was in town, between the various government soirees and the Darfur protest at the National Mall yesterday. AAAAAGGGGHHH! I don’t understand why I’m always the last to know these things. I mean, just because I would be more than likely to clunk him on the head, take him home, chain him to my couch and just LOOK at him, what’s the harm in that? I’ll bet ya any woman with hot blood running through her veins who also regards George Clooney as a magnificent specimen would do the same thing. It’s not like I wouldn’t share either – hey, I’d let people into my condo so we could all just look at him while he recovers from his head injury. What a thing for George to wake up to, though…a bunch of women sitting on the floor, looking up at him like kindergarteners waiting for storytime. Yowza.

One more thing – from time to time, just for kicks, I like to look at online personal ads. NOT TO BAG A VICTIM – just to see what I’m NOT missing.

OK, here’s the thing…I know it takes bravery to put yourself out there and say, “Hey…I’m single…I’m doing this but I haven’t told anyone, but I know someone’s going to see it, so this is a big risk I’m taking and you’d better appreciate it.” I know, because I did it.

However…is it really too much to ask that you have someone check your spelling? I mean, I just saw someone’s ad and in it they said (I believe), “I’m looking for an angle.” Now, that can be taken one or two ways…the first one is the most obvious one, and the one most people fear when they hook up with someone from the personals. The other meaning is (typical for me) smart-assed in nature…is it obtuse, scalene or right? How wonderful that I’m finally explaining concepts I learned in Geometry class 20 years ago. Mom would be so proud.

I would be happy to offer MY services as a spell-checker and all around proofreader to anyone who reads this and finds that my services could be of use to them. I’m glad to help someone pursue happiness with good grammar and spelling.

So on that note…I’ll be back.

Sudiegirl
The proof-reader with a heart