Sunday, December 11, 2005

Dedicated to Peter...who thinks I'm not happy enough! (J/K Peter, you know I love ya...)


Well, Golly Gosh Gee Whiz!

Actually, he did raise a point...I am starting to sound like a battle-axe with my constant griping.

Please know that I am not always a grouch. I'm just me. Some days are better than others. Right before facing the holidays for the first time without my dad is not one of those times.

But I do need to put a list up of things/people/concepts that are pleasing to me (and no, they don't have to be DEAD to get on here, Peter...LOL)

So here they are:

  1. My nieces and nephew, the three "C's". They are my heart, and I love them very very much. They are loving, bright children and even though they can be rowdy, they are wonderful. They have kept me from doing harm to myself on many a dark day.
  2. Doug, my future husband #3 (or victim, depending on your point of view). He is a great man, and I love him with my heart and soul. I hope we have a great future together, and I'll do everything on my end to make that happen.
  3. My mom. She's smart, funny, talented and a giving person. She and my dad made a great team, and I'm glad she's still in my life. She taught me that just because bad things happen to you, you don't have to let them keep happening.
  4. My sister, as well as all my girlfriends, both online and off, in DC and back home. You ladies rock my world on a daily basis, and I would be a lost dog without you.

As far as celebrities are concerned, there are many I admire as well. A short list:

Stevie Wonder, the Blue Collar Comedy guys, Gladys Knight, Janis Siegel, Bobby McFerrin, Jon Hendricks, Annie Ross, Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, Jamie Foxx, Don Cheadle, Ray Liotta, Robert DeNiro, Lorraine Bracco, Kirsten Dunst, Brad Pitt, John Goodman, Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward...and the list goes on.

So PLEASE, to all of you that read my blog...I am who I am. If I'm grouchy for a stretch, that's not the only part of me. That's what the archives are for. Use them to learn more about me if you're interested!

Smooches,

Your Sudiegirl