Wednesday, November 30, 2005

And now, from the "Is she the cause or the symptom?" files and Yahoo! News...

Sudiegirl sez: OK...when I saw this article, I was very confused. I mean, this woman was married to one of rock's most enduring figures (as well as being not-bad-looking her own self)...and I guess I'm not sure about why she was selected to represent this medical condition. If someone could explain this to me, I'd really appreciate. In the meantime, I'll be doing what I do best...

Jerry Hall launches erectile dysfunction campaign
(BTW, what does a launch for this medical problem consist of? I thought the problem was that a male couldn't launch if he had this malady...)
1 hour, 13 minutes ago

Texan model Jerry Hall was unveiled on Tuesday as ambassador for a campaign to encourage people to be more open about erectile dysfunction. (Uh-huh...that'll happen about the same time old men in the nursing homes my big band plays quit making passes at me.)

"It might be a conversation with your doctor or maybe with your partner but it's never too late to get the most from your love life," she said in a statement. (Are you sure about that?)

The campaign is being run by Bayer HealthCare, makers of an impotence treatment. (How much are they going to charge for two popsicle sticks and a roll of duct tape?)

Hall, 49, who divorced Mick Jagger in 1999 when she finally became exasperated with the philandering of the Rolling Stones lead singer, said: "A healthy love life is not and should not be the preserve of those in their 20s and 30s. It's important at all ages." (OK, from that nice little piece of information, we can assume that Senor Mick has NOT had trouble with erectile dysfunction, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Jerry WISHES he was!)

Sudiegirl's final opinion?

I need to find a cause of my own to promote. Any ideas?

Civically-minded and loving it,
Sudiegirl