Saturday, May 14, 2005

I've been so neglectful of my readers; forgive me...

Well, my friends, it's been a very eventful month so far here at Rancho Sudiegirl. It's only NOW that I have had the time to recount my adventures and let you in on the chaotic K-Mart blue light special that is my life.
My vacation was very necessary (perhaps more so than I thought), and I found out the following things about my family:
  1. My nephew Cameron has one ear higher than the other. His glasses looked crooked and I was about ready to take him to Wal-Mart to get them straightened, but his mom (my sister) said no, that's just how he is because he has one ear higher than the other.
  2. My nieces (Chloe and Courtney both) love watching the various "Law & Order" shows, but their favorite is "Special Victims Unit". They're closet detectives, I swear!
  3. My dad, even though he had his lung drained of nearly 3 liters of fluid, was able to tool around the McClean County Aviation Museum and the Miller Park Zoo one day, and then the McClean County Historical Museum the next (not to mention surviving footing the bill for our various lunches out, etc).
  4. My mother, even though she didn't have her lung drained, didn't get to see as much of Bloomington because her leg hurt (and so did her knee), and she gets rather cranky if she exerts herself too much. She sat a lot and watched people.
  5. My sister put away five margaritas at Chili's when we went to lunch the last day of their visit. BIG margaritas. I'm impressed...wish I could drink like that. I know I NEEDED to in certain parts of the trip.
  6. Doug's mother and stepmother were both very gracious to us and a pleasure to visit with. Doug's dad was not. End of comment on that one...however, I think he did learn not to trifle with me when I gave him a quick 2 minute lecture on insurance law and how Doug and I were both covered for our legal liability as drivers with my new Jeep Grand Cherokee, and were going to get along quite well, THANK YOU! I really hope he doesn't like me after that, because that way he'll just leave me alone.


Well, of course, when I got back to work, I got put on probation. Some of the charges were legit, some were bogus, but all pissed me off, and I decided (pretty quickly) that I wasn't going to come to work and be a nervous wreck for 30 days and mess up even more.

So, I quit. I left by noon on Monday. I'm sure Earl is tearing his hair out trying to figure out what I had done and hadn't done, but I figure it's his turn. Besides, he doesn't have much hair left in the first place, and he can keep his National Anthem Project (which apparently applies if you're a white male conservative, just like...The Oak Ridge Boys...) or even shove it up his ex-Marine ass. I can see why he's divorced. ANYWAY...I still have a couple of friends I trust enough to correspond with, and I'm cool with it. (BTW, if any subversive journalists have any questions to ask about TNAP and are reading this, let me know and I'd be happy to share info about it. :-) That's just the kind of girl I am.)


By Thursday, I had started an assignment (thanks to Manpower) and had two job interviews. One of them has progressed to a phone interview with a company (the preliminary interview was with a staffing company in DC) that will occur on Monday afternoon. Besides, what with tolls on the Dulles Toll Road doubling in two weeks, and gas prices staying up, I think I'm OK with not commuting for a while. Go figure. Also, feeling like an outcast in my own department kind of gets on my nerves after a while, and a director yelling at me was the last straw.


So anyway, it's been interesting. But it's been good too. and the Jeep Grand Cherokee is a sweet ride, it has a kickin' sound system, and I really like it. It's about the only nice thing Grandpa DuVall inadvertently did for me.

Well, I know this entry hasn't been funny but I'm just glad I'm back and I will be funnier soon, I promise!


Love to all,
Sudiegirl


P.S. A bear and a rabbit are pooping in the woods.
The bear asks the rabbit, "Excuse me, do you have trouble with shit sticking to your fur?"
"No," the rabbit replies.
So the bear wipes his ass with the rabbit.
(Thank you Eddie Murphy...this is one of my favorite jokes.)