Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saying yes...

Just finished watching "Yes Man" (shhh...it was a bootleg...don't tell, 'k?) and it made me think a little bit.

The main character felt compelled to say yes to things because he was afraid of bad things happening if he didn't. So to him it was magical thinking.

I don't say "yes" to much either, because when you're bipolar, saying "yes" to too many things is a bit dangerous and then you over commit and then you get depressed because you can't do everything. Including run-on sentences.

But I'm going to try to be a little bit more positive about things, even if it kills me. Which it could easily do. (God...I'm just unable to leave the negativity alone, aren't I?)

Has anyone out there seen "Yes Man"? If so, what do you think about saying "Yes" to more things? Is it a good or bad idea?