Thursday, August 14, 2008

That Thursday Feelin' Has Got Me Reelin'...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

They can't remake it!

But that isn't my call to make, apparently.

According to this article, here's the skinny: MTV is partnering with a British film studio to remake this behemoth of all camp movies. They're not happy with the product from 30 years ago, OH NO. They've got to fiddle with it.

Dammit.

I'm just scared of what else the studios will try and remake. "Gone With the Wind"?

I know I'm also not the first person to blog about this, but I think I can identify with it a little bit.

For those who aren't aware, the Olympic opening ceremony had a little "bait and switch" going on, or something to that effect. One little girl could sing like a bird and the other girl looked the part so they had the cutie pie lip sync to the other girl's recording.

I've never had this happen literally, but I've been passed up for better looking, less talented folks in the past. It hurts, especially when people come up to you and tell you that "you're better, why didn't YOU get the part??" I wish I knew, folks. But I don't. That's why I like what I do now...I have a little more control, and enough time has passed that I'm a little more accepting. Not much, but a little.

I just hope that the little girl who was heard and not seen gets to be recognized for her talents someday. She deserves it.