Sunday, July 20, 2008

I guess I'm not supposed to understand this.

I had a gig on Friday night in a town near Baltimore...the big band played a dinner dance.

Here's what I don't get:

1)  If someone wants music, don't they understand that music has soft parts and loud parts?  Therefore, sometimes the music will be LOUDER and sometimes softer while you're eating your meal and gossiping with your dinner companions.  It's musical physics, ladies and gentlemen.

2)  The smaller the group doesn't necessarily mean the softer the group.

It's frustrating dealing with people.  I just can't stand people at times...logic and the human experience don't always coincide, especially in this instance.

If I were in charge of the band, I'd tell these people to find a DJ next year if they want consistent volume throughout the evening.  Either that or turn their hearing aids off.