Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Divalicious

Well, brace yourselves folks...Sudie's got a brand new bag.

(insert guitar riff here...thanks, James Brown, wherever you are)

Me and my throat are going to be featured at the New Deal Cafe in Greenbelt MD on Friday, August 15th.  I'm glad they know how I sound on a good night...if they had based this decision on how I sounded on Friday of last week, I would have questioned them very harshly.  But no, they liked me based on a couple of open mic performances and asked me to sing as part of a "Jazz Preservation" weekend in August. 

So that's the big news for me.

As far as life goes, it's been fairly quiet other than the news I just relayed above.  The weather is brutal but what can you expect in DC in July?  Not mercy, I'll tell ya.

Anyway...that's all I got for now.  I'll be back with more when I've got more to tell...smooches!