Thursday, May 08, 2008

Star Jones strikes again...

Star's pissed at Baba Wawa, because Ms. Wawa wrote a book and was honest about things in her personal and professional lives.

Barbara Walters' book, Audition, sheds light on many aspects of Walters' life (affairs, marriages, etc.), and apparently Star is not pleased and is MORE than happy to share her distaste.

To quote the article:


"It is a sad day when an icon like Barbara Walters, in the sunset of her life, is reduced to publicly branding herself as an adulterer, humiliating an innocent family with accounts of her illicit affair and speaking negatively against me all for the sake of selling a book. It speaks to her true character," Jones told Us Weekly magazine.
Yes, Baba had the nerve to voice her experience in dealing with Star's dishonesty with the whole gastric bypass episode that Star HERSELF refused to acknowledge on "The View", not to mention the "Bridezilla" wedding crap.

You know, isn't it better to tell things on yourself than have things told on you? I am learning that's exactly the case. I mean, Barbara exposed herself, which is what an autobiography is about. You're telling people about YOU and the things/people/places that make you who you are...for better and for worse.

And that includes bad experiences you've had when other people have really (as my mom says) "gotten out of themselves", like...um...STAR did!

I could draw so many analogies between Star Jones and other people I know, but I promised my mother I wouldn't so I'm not. But I think everyone knows people who can't deal with the fact that they're not perfect and want to shut down every information outlet that could blow their cover. The problem with living a "smoke and mirrors" existence is that the smoke dissipates and the mirrors crack after a while.

Barbara Walters has a right to tell her story, all the beauty and ugliness of it. I don't think she's faking it like James Frey did either. I've never been a fan of hers but I admire her for writing it all down. Hell, I can't remember half the things I've done and I'm half her age.

So Barbara...kick it, girl. You've earned it. Throw Star a Wheat Thin and tell her to shut up.