Thursday, January 24, 2008

conundrums, wonderments and s**t I don't get...


BTW, Jim Carrey's "Riddler" was the only thing that saved the third Batman movie.

(That, and Val Kilmer's nice li'l tush.)

The reason "The Riddler" is featured in this post is because there are things in life that have me scratching my beautiful auburn head and going, "WTF?"

So why the hell NOT share with my friends in blogland? (Besides the fact that I haven't written a post in a few days and Ed H. is wondering why...)

With that in mind, here are some ponderings for you folks.

1. Do we really need to know the funeral details for Heath Ledger? I mean, it's not like I went to school with the guy, or babysat him when he was just a "wee infink" or anything like that...hell, his family didn't even ask me to sing! Personally, I don't think I need to know...it's one thing to be told the basics before the funeral is held, but it's quite another to lay it all out for everyone and their dog before it happens. I don't need to know who's bearing the pall, who sent flowers, where the funeral dinner was held, who brought meatballs to the funeral dinner, etc. That's between the funeral director and the loved ones.

2. Why do people (male or female) SAY they just want a "nice person" in their lives, but wind up being drawn to the tire-slashing, trash-talking nutburgers out there? Seriously.

3. There was an article in USA TODAY about how couples that fight with each other live longer. Big whoop. I guess I understand why (releasing anger instead of holding it inside), but what good is living longer if all you do is fight with each other? It's that paradox...like roaches being able to survive a nuclear blast but the fact that they're dirty nasty filthy roaches cancels out that cool indestructible quality. If arguing couples outlive non-arguing ones, however, at least the divorce rate goes down. Yep...all the emotionally constipated folks die and all the bitching ones remain. Great. I'll be under the bed, thanks.

And with that, I'm off to big band.

Smooches!