Wednesday, December 12, 2007

So WHY Is Sudiegirl Pissy With Oprah?


Is it because I'm jealous of her good fortune?

NO.

Is it because she has yet to invite me on her show based on my own fabulous-ness?

Well...I could say yes, but I don't know if I really want to go hang with Oprah on the set.

Let me tell you why I'm pissy with the queen of daytime talk TV.

I get so annoyed around the Christmas holidays anyway because everyone's rushing around like idiots as it is, and some woman who lives in an ivory tower along Lakeshore Drive in Chicago feels it necessary to tell us what she likes.

More to the point, she implies that we should like what SHE likes. Between books, celebrities, and now PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES, she feels like if she deems something or someone worthy of her attention, so should we. If we don't like what she likes, somehow (again, implied but not really stated) our lives are incomplete and we should go to the church of Oprah so we can be transformed.

With the state of our economy being what it is, the implications of what Oprah deems her "favorite" is totally outrageous. Yeah, the "Favorite Things" show is the most popular one of the broadcast year as far as her show is concerned...yeah, she gives away stuff.

But she puts forth the illusion that SHE PERSONALLY is giving this stuff away. Nope. She's handing it out, but her company gets the tax writeoff for a benefit. Plus, she gets the stuff probably for free or next-to-nothing because she knows her name equals bunches of crazed people raiding their local malls or jamming the internet with credit card numbers and bulk orders for overpriced gizmos.

I was going to write snarky posts about each item she has on her list, but I have decided to narrow that down some. Why?

  1. I don't want to bore you.
  2. I don't want to give her too much more free publicity.
  3. I have other stuff to b***h about.
So look forward to a few more posts about Oprah's crap, but I'll keep it light.

I PROMISE.