Saturday, June 30, 2007

We made it to Dover!

I am blogging from the lobby of Microtel Inn and Suites in Dover, DE. My tummy is full of Applebee's food, and I've checked my e-mail, so this is the only thing I have left to do.
The drive down was BE-YOO-TEE-FUL, and I drove across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge...AND NOBODY DIED! Actually, once we drove across the bridge, the lay of the land looked a lot more like Iowa/Illinois. Lots of cornfields, pickup trucks, fruit/veggie stands, yard sales, etc.
And OF COURSE I saw my mommy. And so far, things are going well...we've been gabbing and enjoying our time together. I wish it was a longer time. We haven't seen the baby yet because there's some (minor) trouble...baby's slightly jaundiced. The daddy (my cousin David) is nervous about that, plus he's getting shipped off to Iraq on or around Labor Day. It's been kind of a stressful day...so we PROBABLY won't see him until tomorrow (if we're lucky). I did find out that Amtrak goes to Dover (via Wilmington) so maybe another trip is in the realm of possibility.
So WHY is it that I'm down here blogging instead of spending every possible moment with my mom? Gee...I dunno. I guess some habits die hard.
It's been a good day, and I'm glad.
Thanks, Big Ernie.