Wednesday, June 27, 2007

OK - so much for the "ignore her and she'll go away" strategy...


All right...

I haven't bitched enough about Ann Coulter this year, so I guess now is as good a time to start as any, right?

OK then.

Where does this Coulter broad get off making comments about John Edwards' sexuality and other things?

It'd be one thing if she was a private citizen making off-the-cuff remarks about him, but...guess what...she's NOT a private citizen. She's a political "pundit"/columnist/whatever the hell she says she is, and some yahoos out there actually take her seriously.

If you click the title of today's post, it will whisk you away to a video clip that describes Ms. Coulter's latest trip to "foot-in-mouth land".

Don't even get me started on the cutey little "joke" about the "ask me about my dead son" bumper sticker. I'm honked.

This whole video clip truly shows that Elizabeth Edwards is a better person than I could even HOPE to be. She's trying to stick to issues when asking Coulter to knock off the smart-ass comments. Coulter, on the other hand, is mouthing off even when Edwards is directing comments STRAIGHT at her, to the point where someone had to tell her to BE QUIET for a minute.

If it were ME, and someone made comments about my man like Coulter did, I'd quietly take her into a back room somewhere and punch her in the head while making her listen to a CD of Pete Seeger's greatest hits.

Sorry...I know it's not kind and/or gentle...but Coulter needs to really get a grip. She's not doing herself any favors. I read the transcript of the "HardBall" segment that this video discusses, and Edwards asks her to stop with the personal attacks, nothing more or less. Coulter took the ball and ran into "she wants me to stop writing" territory, and Edwards stood her ground. So what if she called "HardBall" instead of John doing it? She's got a vested interest, especially with the whole "bumper sticker" crack that Coulter made. That doesn't make John Edwards a wimp - it makes him a lucky man that his wife stands up and takes care of business. I am liking her more and more.

So keep on standin' by your man, Ms. Edwards...he stands by you too, from the looks of things.