Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Little less grumpy day today, but some bad news...and other stuff.


I normally don't ask this in my blog, but I am asking now...please pray for my sister and her family. My brother in law's dad was killed on Monday...he was hit by a forklift when leaving his workplace.

My brother-in-law is an only child, and has to bear a lot of sadness right now. Also, my nieces and nephew have lost their last remaining grandfather, and my sister has to step up and help with many things while processing her own grief.

As I said, I normally don't ask this, but if you could please just say a prayer for her family's peace of mind, I'd appreciate it...thanks so much.

OK - now to the usual weirdness.

First of all, I have to say I have finally found a real estate venture worthy of my interest. Yes, I am thinkin' long and hard about buying my own country. Why?

  1. I love a good sale
  2. I always wanted to be a dictator (is the female form "dictatress"?)
  3. That would be the ONE act which would motivate me to go to my class reunion. "Oh, you're a doctor? Gee, that's great...I own a FRICKIN' COUNTRY! Pass the dip."
I've also thought about other factors in owning my own country:
  1. I can pick my citizenry (I'll list preferred citizens later)
  2. Death penalty for parking violations (props to Steve Martin for that idea)
  3. My picture on a postage stamp
  4. I can pick the national anthem
    1. Baby Got Back
    2. You've Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party
    3. Anything by Louis Prima
  5. I can pick names for my country
    1. Sudieland
    2. The Isle of Sudie
    3. Sudievania
    4. Cleveland
  6. I can pick my official title
    1. Queen Sudiegirl
    2. La Prima Sudieana
    3. St. Sudie, patron saint of cankersores and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
    4. The Broad That Owns This Joint
  7. I can pick the image on my official flag
    1. Alfred E. Newman
    2. shirtless George Clooney, shirtless Jamie Foxx, shirtless Brad Pitt (do you see a trend?)
    3. Kermit the Frog or Ernie and Bert
  8. I can pick the official bird:
    1. Big Bird
    2. Woody Woodpecker
    3. Foghorn Leghorn
    4. Donald Trump (oops - not BIRDBRAIN, just BIRD)
  9. Official creed of my country:
    1. "Get the hell out of my way"
    2. "The country where Sudie rules all and she'll throw you in the ocean if you don't do what she says"...a bit wordy, but has potential
    3. "Any day where I sit up and take nourishment is a good day"
    4. "You Can't Rollerskate In A Buffalo Herd, But You Can Be Happy If You Have A Mind To"
  10. Official flower
    1. Geranium (I don't know why - they stink, but hey, they're usually on sale.)
So anyway, I've got big plans...and here's what I wanna know...if you could buy YOUR own country, what would YOU do with it?

Chew on that one, folks...
Sudiegirl
(who may be a dictator soon!)

PS: I made adjustments to this lovely blog...please advise if there are any problems (and "No, I don't like it" is not a problem unless you get specific, thank YOU!)