Monday, January 22, 2007

GO BEARS!!!! YEAH BABY!


We are the Bears' shufflin' crew,
shufflin' on down, doin' it for you...
We're so bad, we know we're good,
Blowin' your minds like we knew we would.

You know we're just struttin' for fun,
Struttin' our stuff for everyone,
We're not here to cause no trouble,
we're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.

YEAH BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I'm not a football fan per se, but I have a soft spot for "Da Bears". You see, I lived in a state that didn't have it's own pro sports team. Therefore, we had to pick whatever pro team was available within a multi-state area. I was a junior in high school when Da Bears went to Da Super Bowl, back in "Refrigerator" Perry's day. I had to go to a choral festival on Super Bowl weekend, and a few friends of mine and I "rapped" this tune for fun in between rehearsals. Those were the days, my friend...*sigh*

Therefore, at the end of this post I am including the mp3 file for "Super Bowl Shuffle" so you can join me in reliving their glory days, which will OF COURSE be sealed in this year's Super Bowl. (See...Prince is also performing, so it's all good - I might actually break down and watch this year!)

So, what else is going on? Sadly, not a lot. I blogged about Hilary Clinton's White House interests in my other blog (Iowa Expatriate...check it out on my sidebar), so I don't wish to be redundant on that topic.

Rosie O'Donnell hasn't done anything stupid, but there's always tomorrow.

So GEE...what else is there?

OH...here's something...OK - when I read this story, chills ran down my spine. Why?

Because the distinct possibility of Madonna acting on a TV series could be a very frightening reality.I know I will be!

Oh, also...I finally saw "Little Miss Sunshine" this weekend. Oh MAN it was funny! It was "R", but I recommended it to my mother anyway. She can handle bad language. She doesn't like it, but she can handle it. Besides, her thing is nudity - she doesn't like that in movies or TV. Absolutely NOT. But she's got to see Alan Arkin's character to fully appreciate it. He's a scream!

Finally, some new "Yahoo!" questions/answers, and my insightful responses. Personally, I don't know why they just don't have me answer the darn things in the first place, but I guess they want to stay in business or something. Who knows? Anyway...Here's question #1!

Yahoo question: Is coffee bad for your skin?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

There are pros and cons in using coffee for skin care.

Pros
- coffee contains antioxidant that can help fight skin cancer.
- some preliminary studies show that topically applied coffee can yield beautiful skin.

Cons
- coffee is a mild diurectic. If drunk in large quantity, coffee can cause dehydration of the skin.
- drinking coffee can interfere with a good night s sleep, which is essential to good skin.

So drinking small amount of coffee shouldn t affect the health of skin. But at large quantity, you should talk to your doctor first to find out if the antioxidant benefit is worth it. There are other ways to prevent skin cancer. One of the best ways is to use a broad spectrum sunscreen everyday even when the weather is cloudy.

Sudiegirl's response:
Is coffee bad for your skin? Only if it's hot. That's why McDonald's prints the little warning on the side of the cup. Not that frivolous lawsuits stop because of that, but ya know...

Question #2!

Yahoo! Question: What exactly do men want from women?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I don't think you can lump men into one category and assume they are looking for the same things. I mean would you say woman are only looking for one thing, a man who makes lots of money or is athletic. I don't think so. Identify what qualities in a man are important to you and look for someone who is attracted to your qualities. To me this along with respect is a true equation for chemistry and love.

Sudiegirl's response:

Keep it simple, folks...Beef Jerky, Budweiser, ESPN and the remote.

Question #3

Yahoo question: One of my bridesmaids makes nasty comments about my wedding behind my back? What do I do?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

chalk it up to jealousy. she is upset that you are the one getting married and that this is your day. has she been like this all her life?
and who says you can't ask her to leave the wedding party. it is your day, ask her " if you are not happy being in MY wedding than please let me know and we can make alternate arrangements." that might just break the ice. i'm sure that you have someone else that can take her place and be happy for you.

Sudiegirl's response:

Well, I have a few suggestions of my own.

(1) have a special dance for your cousin and her date...and when they get out on the dance floor, have the DJ play "The Lady Is A Tramp", or "You're Havin' My Baby". For more up-to-date recordings, try Tony-Toni-Tone's "My Ex-Girlfriend Is A Ho" or "Maneater" (Nelly Furtado or Hall & Oates if you want it '80s style).

(2) Three words...Kick.Me.Sign. Do it up in your wedding colors!

(3) For a special bridesmaid present, get some business cards for anger management counselors and tie them up with a pretty ribbon.

So that's all the stuff I've got for you. Just remember, I'm not here to cause no trouble, I'm just here to do the super bowl shuffle...