Monday, July 10, 2006

Happy Birthday, Baby Panda and other thoughts on a Monday.


It's the PANDA's birthday at the Washington Zoo. He's one year old today,
And he is a cutie patootie (that's the only Rosie O'Donnell phrase I'll use in my life, so I might as well use it to its utmost).

There was a lot of hoopla when he was born, and with good reason. He was a much-anticipated arrival (maybe more than Brangelina's kid or TomKat's kid). Well, in the zoo world, it was.

I regret that I didn't get a good look at him when I last visited the zoo...I think he was trying to stay cool in the shade. Can't say as I blame him - I was too. However, here is how he partied on his birthday...


Apparently, the frozen delight contained various fruits, fruit juices and veggies. If Jules, Monty and I had anything to say about it, the frozen thing would also have rum and/or tequila in it. But I digress...

So what did I do this weekend?

Well, I took naps, waited for the cable guy most of Saturday morning because my "OnDemand" feature hadn't worked for a week. I am addicted to that feature...it's almost sad how addicted I am. D is too - is there a 12-step program for that? OH well...it still isn't working, but at least it shows us cryptic little codes that we can tell the nice cable customer service folks about when we call in and sit on HOLD for 20 minutes at a time.

On Sunday, did the church thing, took a nap, then had a gig in Mt. Airy that went well. I guess the concert organizers liked us so much they want us twice next year. That's a good thing.

Our next gig is for a private party near Baltimore on a Friday. That should be interesting - trying to navigate rush-hour on a Friday in the summertime to get to Baltimore. Yowza. Plus, it's a dress up gig so I'll have to shave my legs at some point. BLEAH.

Well, let's see...what else is going on in this wide world of ours...I've got a couple of fractured headlines for you today.

Co-pilot suspected of intoxication
(Well, let's hope they don't have to install one of those breathalyzer things in the plane. Then again, he could always bribe a flight attendant to breathe into it for him. Hmmm...)




Private memorial held for Enron Founder
(I don't really think he's dead. I think he's hanging out with Jim Morrison and Elvis at a McDonald's in Kalamazoo.)

One more notation - I have a couple more "unlikely sexy guys" to add to the pantheon. I've been really behind in noting them, but I figure there's no time like the present, right?

1. Russell Johnson, the "Professor" from "Gilligan's Island".


Yes, I know he's definitely a senior citizen and all that these days, but come on! Just look at him. He looks smart and sexy - like someone you could discuss current events with after he's shagged you six ways to Sunday. Rowr. Plus, when you consider the only others on that damned island were Gilligan, Skipper, and good ol' Thurston Howell, he clearly comes out on top in the looks arena.

I may have to rethink the intelligence part somewhat - after all, if he could create a ham radio from a coconut, why the hell couldn't he fix the SS Minnow? I know I'm not the only one who's wondered about this.

2. John Leguizamo


Ooh...that's the picture I like the most. I'm not sure if I should list him as an "unlikely sexy guy", because I'm sure he's likely to be viewed as one by many women. However, I have read that he's a vegetarian and therefore, our food tastes would be kind of incompatible. Oh well...maybe I wouldn't have to eat? That would be an option.

But you know - any guy who can remain sexy after voicing a sloth in two movies, dressing like a woman in one, and playing Toulouse Lautrec in another is definitely of interest to me. (Rowr.)

So until I find something else to share, I shall skip off to parts unknown until I am inspired to write once more.

Smooches!

Sudiegirl