Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wednesday warblings, whittlings and whinings

Well, folks…it’s WEDNESDAY!

Hump Day, as it were, although every time I hear that phrase I think of a dog in heat. Not good.

Anyway…it’s MARCH, y’all! Time for green beer and goofy actions all for the sake of Ireland. It’s “March Madness” for the NCAA Basketball teams. In high school, we used to use the same term for March simply because there was so much going on…solo/ensemble contest, speech contest, jazz band contest, state basketball championships, etc.

Just a few notations from me right now…

  1. Here’s another black mark against marriage…at least to THIS creep. Read all about it at The Smoking Gun…I really feel sorry for the woman in this relationship. I really wonder if there was any indication before they got married that this guy was psychotic. Then again, that doesn’t always stop a person…my 2nd husband and I had issues and I married him anyway. Now I know better.

2. While cruising for pictures yesterday, I found that David L. “Squiggy” Lander has a website…click here for the link. To me, “Laverne and Shirley” was great because of them and Penny Marshall. Sorry, Cindy – you were expendable. At any rate, read all about this gent…and BTW, Lander provided many of the voices in the old Filmation cartoon, “Will the Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down?”. That’s one I’m too young to remember, and it was pretty racist from what I’ve read, but it had Squiggy, dammit!


3. I read about Vince Young and the controversy surrounding this
"Wonderlich"
test thingie. (click on the bold words to see what I mean). This kind of scares me. I didn’t know you had to take what boils down to an IQ test to play a game where you bash each other while wearing hard plastic helmets and 15 pounds of padding. I can understand someone asking how many fingers you’re holding up after you’ve had the crap stomped out of you by some guy nicknamed “The Fridge”, but beyond that, I guess I have been the victim of stereotypical thinking. Oh well…it isn’t the first time.


4. And of course, Anna Nicole “I’m a Bimbo that’s working hard at being stinkin’ rich!” Smith is in town pleading her case to the Supreme Court. I realize that there are many elderly gents on the Supreme Court these days, so I just have one thing to say: if they’re not careful, we’re going to have some more confirmation hearings for new justices. At least that’s another excuse to see Orrin Hatch and Ted “I never met a scotch I didn’t like” Kennedy argue with each other like two old ladies.


Life in this pop culture of ours is…interesting. All I can say is thank GOD I’m not in the news…yet.

Sudiegirl
(who’s un-newsworthy and flying under the radar, except when she comes out of the depths to write.)