Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fractured headlines and a sad aside...


Haven’t done this in a while; hope I haven’t lost my touch. (BTW, to get to the actual article, just click on the headline - it's in a different color, so you'll know which is which.)





United heads into bankruptcy proceedings
(How would united heads arrive? Would they roll in or are they carried in a basket or a cooler?)







Study finds that marriage builds wealth
(Yeah, and divorce lawyers take it away if you don’t sign a pre-nup!)








Transplant doctor reveals tissue rejection
(The doctor was quoted as saying, “We’re just too different, but we’ll always be friends.”)








1970’s Teen Idol Leif Garrett Arrested
(Gee, and for a while there, Leif Garrett couldn’t even GET arrested.)







_____________________________________________________________
Well, life is plodding along. I’m dreading my upcoming birthday (and NO, I will not tell you all when it is because bad things happen on my birthday, as in PEOPLE DIE! So don’t ask me when my birthday is…the life you save may be your own.

I had a nice long conversation with my niece Courtney last night…she really is a great kid. Her brother and sister are wonderful too, but they don’t do phone conversations that much yet. Apparently, an old video from the twins’ first birthday party was unearthed, and Court said that “my worthless boyfriend” (the young ‘un) was in the video. Sigh…I did tell her that he was kind of worthless, but he was always good to her and her siblings so I kept him around for a LONG time. Probably longer than I should’ve…ANYWAY…she said that my sister got kind of misty at some of the video because Dad was on it, and Court and I agreed that things aren’t the same without John Grandpa.

God, I miss my dad. I know you all are sick of hearing it, but I really do miss him. You never know how much someone means to you until they’re gone, you know?

I’d better go before I cry all over the keyboard and short it out.

Sudiegirl the sad