Tuesday, January 10, 2006

And now, from the "Proof that too much Elvis is bad for you" files and Yahoo! News...


Sudiegirl sez: This is first in a two-part series about how too much Elvis isn’t a good thing. My 2nd husband’s sister was REALLY into Elvis. REALLY into Elvis. It was almost pathological how into Elvis she was. I mean, I like what I like, but when she has enough paraphernalia to decorate two classrooms and still have extra, that’s a bit of a problem.

Australian woman all shook up over Elvis song
Tue Jan 10, 2:37 AM ET
An Australian woman will face court on Tuesday charged with repeatedly stabbing her partner because he played an Elvis Presley song over and over again, police said on Tuesday. (I have to say, if I were on that jury, I would agree. It sends shudders down my spine just thinking about it.)

Police said the 30-year-old woman was charged with unlawful wounding after her 35-year-old partner was stabbed with a pair of scissors in the back, shoulder and thigh at Northam, about 100 km east of Perth in Western Australia state on Monday. (“Unlawful wounding”? That’s an interesting charge. I like that. Maybe I’ll move to Australia? I’m sure many people would like me to.)

The man, whose injuries were described as "non-life threatening", had been repeatedly playing the song "Burning Love", a police spokesman said. (Well, I think that it’s justified. I mean, you can only do so many pelvic thrusts to the final chorus before your back gives out, and after that it’s just irritating.)

The 1972 song was the U.S. rock great's 40th and last top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. (And then he died on the toilet. Sigh.)

Sudiegirl’s final opinion?

Your sweet love burns me higher than the sweet song of the choir, but put down those SCISSORS, PLEASE!!!!!!! OUCH!