Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Wednesday Whinings...


Well, it's WEDNESDAY. Got a rejection letter from an interview I had two weeks ago. I hate those, especially when they're phrased in such a patronizing way. I like the ones that say basically, "We had many people and we were considering you but ultimately we chose another candidate." That way you at least know they weren't just going through the motions.

OH well...that's life in the big city, junior. Better get used to it, huh?

The assignment is getting better, I must admit. I finally got my sign in and my passcard so I don't have to skulk around like a criminal and follow people through the door b/c I can't get in otherwise. My first paycheck will be comin' through on Friday so we'll see how big a chunk ol' Uncle Sam will be taking out. People here have been kind of friendly, but I'm still feeling isolated. Maybe it's just me. Oh well...I've been kind of depressed the last few days, but plugging away as per usual.

Also, and this really weirds me out, I had a dream about being on a date with the guy who gave me my first kiss when I was 15. I dreamed we were on a date, necking in his car, and then a herd of elephants came through and everything changed. I hate dreams.

In the Entertainment world, Bobby McFerrin announced that he is taking a year off from performing. Wow...that's pretty brave, I think. But he's a guy with principles, I think. I mean, you never hear about him doing drugs, boozing, abusing and the whole enchilada. He has kids that he loves, he loves music, he's diverse in what he can do (he has a four-octave voice, for God's sake!) and he's just a master of his craft. Also, and I'm NOT ashamed to admit this...I liked "Don't Worry, Be Happy"! It was a tour de force as far as his vocal skills were concerned (and he has many more tour de forces in my opinion), plus the video was fun (with Bill Irwin and a pre-Oscar, pre-crappy movie Robin Williams).

In another vein, P. Diddy has changed his name again. Now it's just "Diddy". Stop the presses. I was just getting used to Puff Daddy when the whole P. Diddy thing happened. What did the "P" stand for, anyway? And now, he's just Diddy? No! Why can't he use his real name, which sounds good to me? I mean, Prince went through this and it annoyed me back then too. Thank God I liked his music well enough I didn't chuck all his CDs out the window, you know?


I know what I'll do to increase my star potential...I will change my name too! Check it out...right now, I'm Sudiegirl. In another year or two, I'll be "Sudie" or "Sudie E" (I like "Sudie E" the best but it may sound too much like "Sheila E"), then in another year it will be "Sud", and then "S".

Then I'll change it to Daphne Toodlewaddles.

Then I'll dye my armpit hair green and dance the hula in my parents' yard because I'll have gone completely around the bend and shipped back to the family homeplace because nobody else will know what to do with me.

Geez...that was the run on sentence from hell, wasn't it?

Oh...one more new link to a blog...a new one...http://www.sherene.blogspot.com If I find interesting stuff, I put it in the ol' blog, or at least try to...sigh.

On that note, I think I must fly...chirp, chirp...

Sudiegirl the airborne