I guess I just don't get it. In the process of denying he's married, Jay-Z is...confirming he's married? Here's the quote - tell me what you think, and click here to read it in context.
"I just think it's really a part of your life that you gotta keep to yourself," he tells Vibe in their September issue.
"You have to have something sacred to you and the people around you," the 38-year-old adds. "I shared so much of my life I should have something to hold on to."He's not saying, "God, No! I'm not married to Beyonce." He's saying that he wants to keep his marriage sacred and between the two of them. That's how it should be, I guess, but considering the paparazzi already caught on to the whole wedding thing, might as well say something like, "Yes, we're married and we're happy. We want to keep it that way. Our marriage issues are private."
Hell, I don't know who he is beyond who the media says Jay-Z is, so if he wants to keep his marriage private, that's OK by me. That's one less celebrity couple I'm bombarded with.
OK - do we really need to know about Keanu Reeves' earwax? I'm serious on this one. I loves me some Keanu but why can't paparazzi spend more money on insurance instead of zoom lenses that pick up earwax?
I had band practice last night, and I have to note some of the weirdness here:
1) One of the trumpet players (a man) just HAD to sit spraddle-legged in his chair, and he's a big moosey guy anyway. My eyes kept zooming to his crotch area; I tried not to look but it was like trying to keep your eyes off a car wreck...you just can't do it. He's also kind of a jerk. He's one of those trumpet players that lives PDQ Bach's famous saying, "Loud is good, fast is better; loud and fast is best." GOD. HELP. ME.
2) We had a substitute drummer last night. He came late, and it took him about 1/2 hour to set up his drum set...I said to the other singer, "Something tells me that he won't be set up until practice is over." She agreed, but he did fool us and get set up by 8:30 PM (after arriving at 7:45).
3) I noticed that compared with the other singer we're bringing in, my stage presence is kind of wooden. I need to work on that. I just get so hung up on the fact that I might make a fool of myself that I don't move much. It's my breeding, I guess...and a fear of looking too "mannered" and that I'm faking the emotion I'm feeling with the song. How the hell did Judy Garland do it? I'm such a weenie.
George Lucas says that the Indiana Jones franchise can't get along without Harrison Ford. But man...Harrison Ford is starting to get too old to play Indy.
In the article, which can be read in full HERE, states the following:
"The franchise really depends on me coming up with a good idea," Lucas said. "And that series is very research-intensive. So we're doing research now to see if we can't come up with another object for him to chase ... hopefully we'll come up with something."
Well, look no further, Georgie baby. I got your objects right here...here's some stuff that Indy can chase after:
1) Keanu Reeves' earwax
2) Madonna's virginity (nobody knows who took it but there are about fifty suspects including the defensive line for her high school's football team)
3) Brett Favre's dignity and solid decision-making skills
4) Simon Cowell's milk of human kindness...I think he spilled it or something.
I'm just sayin'.