Tuesday, August 05, 2008

It's question and answer time, courtesy of Rancho Sudiegirl, Inc.

Question:
Why does Batman talk like the offspring of Clint Eastwood and a grizzly bear? (direct quote from the article, BTW, and quite descriptive of Batman's voice in "The Dark Knight".)

Answer:
Why the hell not? Come on...he's put on a costume to strike fear into the hearts of Gotham's bad guys. Shouldn't he sound like that too? I mean, he can't sound like a real bat...they're high and screechy like Gilbert Gottfried.

It made sense to me when I saw it yesterday. Everyone has different personas for different occasions, so why not Batman? Besides, he doesn't want to be recognized by his voice, right? Duh.

_____


Question:
Why do you feel like you need a vacation from your vacation? I took a day off yesterday and I'm beat as hell now. I thought vacations were supposed to be refreshing?!

Answer:
Who knows? Maybe it's God's way of saying, "OK...you didn't rest like you said you were going to so I'm gonna kick your tush now. Grit your teeth, girl..."

_____

Question:

Whatever possessed Stevie Wonder to play Schubert's "Ave Maria" on the harmonica?

Answer:

Probably the same force that convinced Michael Bolton that he could sing opera.

_____

Question:

Why is it that the cameras at the DMV warp your picture so you look like a serial killer?

Answer:

This is a guarded secret of the universe and you have no access to the answer on this one, Sudiegirl. Get over it.

_____

Question:

When did my nieces and nephew grow up so fast?

Answer:

Between episodes of "The X-Files", "Law and Order" and "Dexter".

_____

Question:

When did Ed H. develop such a fascination with Lynda Carter?

Answer:

He'll have to answer that one.



So tell me...do you have any unanswered questions of the universe? If so, put 'em in the comments and I'll take a crack at 'em.

And remember Rancho Sudiegirl, Inc. for all your septic tank and tooth polishing needs.