Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good times and bum times
I've seen them all and, my dear
I'm still here
Plush velvet sometimes
Sometimes just pretzels and beer
But I'm here...

"I'm Still Here", by Stephen Sondheim

I almost wasn't here. I almost believed people that said I should stop writing. However, I found out that some folks who thought they were authorities are no longer in business, so to speak. My paranoia cost me some good blogging friends in the process.

The anger in my writing alienated me from some members of my family, even though I was telling the truth. I made a choice to adjust my "well of topics" to keep my immediate family safe from ugliness caused by others.

But I'm still here.

Why the hell that is, I don't know, but I'm here.

I'm glad, even though there's been pain...there has also been happiness.

Happy early blogiversary to me.