Friday, June 13, 2008

What cojones this man has!

First of all, I want to thank those who gave me good advice regarding how to deal with the new singer coming into the big band I sing with. I met her last night, and she was so good at what she does PLUS she was gracious and really pleasant to be with. That combination is key for our band, especially when we do so many gigs at nursing homes and such, and those REQUIRE you to have good people skills and patience. So my fears were allayed, and thanks for that.

Now...I ran across this article about a 107-year old man who actually interviewed for a job with Thomas Edison and refused to polish Humphrey Bogart's shoes.

Can you imagine?

I want to know from you, my friends...have you ever met someone famous, or knew a famous person when they weren't so famous? Read the article (it's linked through the title of this post), and then tell me your story.