Tuesday, June 10, 2008

OK - feelin' insecure here - AAAAAAGGGGHHHH!

I've been fighting this cold for a while now, and one of the unwanted side effects is that I had to cancel out of a gig on Friday.

By sheer chance, someone at the gig stepped up and sang one of my songs, and did a good job. So good, in fact, that the business manager invited her to rehearsal this week to sing a couple numbers.

I know that I should have a sub in the event I get sick. Logically, I know this...it will help the band run smoother, plus it would make life easier for me to know that the vocals are under control and all that if I have to be away.

But I'm being insecure here, and I'm quite embarrassed about this. What if the audiences like this woman better than me? What if the band likes her better than me? I'm not sure what to think, and I know it sounds childish too. I don't want to be jealous or anything like that, especially when I don't know how she sounds yet.

What should I do?