Friday, April 18, 2008

I *heart* my mp3 player...


I know this is a lame idea for an entry, but I have to say it.

I love my mp3 player.

It's a bruiser...I've named him "Biff" because he's pretty big (in storage, that is...he fits easily in my pocket but he's bigger than he looks). He's not as big as others but he's bigger than most. He's...*sigh, swoon*...30 GB.

I've burdened him with many, many mp3 files yet he comes back for more.

Yes, Biff is a very important part of my life. I love him so...he brings me joy, especially when a cover of "Voodoo Child" done by Angelique Kidjo pops up. Then I practically skip down the street in gratitude.

So if you see some fat woman with red hair skipping down the street in DC for no apparent reason, it's me and Biff having a moment.

But seriously, having an mp3 player has opened up my musical taste so much more. I'm finding groups I've never heard of before, that I like. I download entire albums for $1.00 off of mp3fiesta.com.

It's a good and joyful thing anywhere and everywhere to give praise to Biff and all his fine works. Ed H. doesn't understand my happy joyfulness regarding Biff. He prefers to purchase his music the old fashioned way...actually going to a store and buying it. What? Why would you do that when you can sit at home in your jammies whilst downloading an entire 4-disc box set for a mere pittance?

Maybe he likes wrestling with the CD packaging. God knows I don't.

And BTW, I like Kenny G. and I'm not apologizing for it. I like Huey Lewis and Bruce Willis' first album too. They're all stored in Biff's massive memory, and I couldn't be happier.

So there - nyah nyah.