Friday, February 15, 2008

Sincere apologies to a reader

One of the unfortunate byproducts of being depressed and being a blogger is that sometimes you stick your keyboard (and your foot by proxy) in your mouth.

Yesterday's Valentine's Day post was a classic example.

I was spouting off because I was feeling down and made cracks about Valentine's Day not being important to me since my first marriage.

To be honest, I don't know why I got on that kick of being so grouchy and angry about Valentine's Day. I know I haven't been feeling that well...I was one of the holdouts for the "office crud" that was spreading around our area and finally succumbed to it. Maybe that was part of it.

The stressors with DD and the frustrations of other stuff the past few weeks took its toll in the form of that post. I wrote it without thinking of anything but ME...ME being frustrated, angry, and the whole ball of wax.

I want to take this time to say to one particular reader that I was greatly in error for this thoughtlessness, and that I am very sorry for that post. That's why it's gone.

Our friendship is strong and true. He's been with me through rough spots in my life, and I've tried to be there for him in his hard times.

This is one time I failed him and for that, I am very sorry.

I will work hard at being more appreciative and more discretionary with future posts.