These are the official rules from Michelle:
If you could invite 10 people to a dinner party (or five if you don't feel like inviting ten), who would you invite? They can be alive or dead...to quote Michelle, "if they're dead they can be temporarily resurrected for the party but then they have to go back to being dead because those are the laws of the universe." (or something like that...)So - here it is - Sudiegirl's perfect dinner party!
Menu: Lasagna, salad, garlic bread...for dessert, chocolate cake (except for me...I'll have my own pint of Chubby Hubby ice cream, thank you very much.)
Location: Anyone's house but mine because I'm a lazy a$$ and I don't wanna clean and it's MY perfect dinner party so NYAH NYAH NYAH!
1) Mel Blanc(Yes, I know there are a higher number of men than women...whose party is this? Uh - MINE? Yes, it is...thank you!)
2) Marvin Gaye
3) George Clooney
4) Les Paul
5) Stevie Wonder
6) Janis Siegel (from Manhattan Transfer)
7) Patty Duke
8) Mrs. Tillson, my 3rd grade teacher
9) The woman who wrote A Tree Grows In Brooklyn (Betty Smith)
Why these guests?
1) Mel Blanc is there so I can talk to him about what it was like voicing all those characters, and whether or not people got him mixed up with Daws Butler.
2) Marvin Gaye is there so he can sing "The Star Spangled Banner" and "Ain't That Peculiar". Also, he's there so I can tell him about the time I sang "Ain't That Peculiar" at a karaeoke event and people thought it was a country song.
3) George Clooney is there...just so I can look at him. There. I said it. I'm craven and weak. Deal with it.
4) Les Paul is there so he can sit next to Prince and they can talk about guitars, and I can listen.
5) Stevie Wonder is there because I want to sing a duet or two with him. He doesn't have to bring his keyboard because one has already been supplied (because it's MY perfect dinner party...). Also, he and Marvin can reminisce about Motown days.
6) Janis Siegel is there because she's another one of my singing idols and I want to tell her how much she means to me in terms of performance. I realize I'll probably scare her half to death but I don't care. I want to meet her and talk about music and singing and life.
7) Patty Duke is there because she's overcome bipolar disorder and lived to tell about it. Plus, I want to find out if she's on Lamictal and what she thinks of it.
8) Mrs. Tillson (if indeed she's still Mrs. Tillson) is there because she was one of my favorite elementary school teachers and I never got the chance to tell her so. (Note: I can't find a picture of her so this cartoon will have to do.)
9) Betty Smith - the author of A Tree Grows In Brooklyn - is there because she wrote a book that means a lot to me. It combines humor and sadness and shows the reader that a good life can be created in the midst of bad circumstances.
10) See #4 for Prince...plus, I just wanna look at him too. He's fine as wine.
I'm supposed to tag five more people with this, so OH my this will be fun.
I've tagged some folks multiple times, so I'm going to pick on others in my blogroll. They is:
So have fun, y'all!