Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm so ashamed...I can't find anything to write about.


It always starts out the same...I try to get inspiration from the news.

I scour Yahoo's news page everyday...get the mangled headlines, notable historical events, etc. I even copy them down and write out at least one snarky comment.

But what do I do after that? I let 'em sit. I get distracted with other things. By the time I go back to it, my enthusiasm has dried up quicker than a glass of water in the Sahara Desert.

*sigh*

What's a little goofball like me to do? Seriously. I just feel like my inspiration has a parking meter on it and I've gotta feed it quarters to keep it going.

Then again, maybe I should just PLAY quarters. Then I'd forget about this writer's block s**t.

Oh well...at any rate, here's Brian Setzer's orchestra doing Duke Ellington/Juan Tizol's "Caravan". BSO kicks collective ass and takes names, y'all! Enjoy!