Thursday, March 01, 2007

Funeral for a Bimbo...


Well...as if the circumstances surrounding this weren't weird enough, they're finally going to bury this shining example of womanhood.

In the Bahamas.

Keep in mind she was on ice for about three weeks. I wonder how well-preserved she was at that point? With all the makeup, I would have given her another three weeks. Spackle really holds in the moisture, doesn't it?

I shouldn't be so cruel to the Anna Nicole. Really, I shouldn't. She's a human being and deserves dignity, even if she didn't have much self-respect.

But the hype surrounding the funeral? One word...disgusting.

Here's the two opening paragraphs from the linked article:

Anna Nicole Smith will be buried in a custom-made gown next to her 20-year-old son following an "over the top" memorial service with a tightly controlled guest list, said a friend helping to organize the memorial.

The memorial service, with about 300 guests at an undisclosed church, will feature large amounts of pink flowers, her favorite color, and singing from a well-known performer whose name organizers aren't ready to disclose, said the friend, Patrik Simpson of Beverly Hills, Calif.

That's cool, I guess. I mean, whenever I croak, I plan to be buried in a Hawaiian shirt or my Blues Brothers bowling shirt from House of Blues, my favorite jeans and a pair of Converse Hi-Tops. So really, the "custom-made gown" (however tasteless it may be) is her choice. I just wonder if she left instructions.

Oh - my imagination is workin' overtime. Maybe Anna N's list would read something like this: