Monday, January 01, 2007

First post of '07 - thanks Groovygrrl!


ABCs of Me(me)
(note - this picture of Jim Henson's statue was taken by D's mom on the University of Maryland campus in College Park. One of my favorite things in the whole wide world are Muppets (except those damned Fraggles - yuck), so I figure this is better than looking at a picture of my ugly mug.)

A- Available or taken?

Available for what? (Groovygrrl's answer is good for me.)


B- Best Friend?

Lifetime: Ranee F., D (the fiancee); high school: Wendy G, Kandace S.; college: Brian W; DC friend: Paul P.; Iowa City friend: Teresa B. (I know the categories are weird, but there they are. Nyah nyah.)


C- Cake or Pie?

Cake - chocolate with milk poured on top of it. (quit laughing)


D- Drink of Choice?

Diet Pepsi or Water.


E- Essential Item?

Hmmm...my digital cable.


F- Favorite Color?

Car: black; Hair: red; clothes: black, gray, plum


G- Gummi Bears or Worms?

Both.


H- Hometown?

Currently and Recently? Gaithersburg, MD. Originally? Washington, Iowa.


I- Indulgence?

Chubby Hubby ice cream or Haagen Daaz Chocolate/peanut butter


J- January or February?

February--my birthday, plus a government holiday so I might indulge in Chubby Hubby ice cream while bonding with my digital cable box.


K- Kids and names?

No kids, but cats: Millie and Chelmsford


L- Life is incomplete without?

D, my nuclear family (Mom, sis, nieces & nephew)


M- Marriage Date?

Marriage #1: June 27, 1992; Marriage #2: December 31, 1997; Marriage #3: May 5, 2007 (Cinco De Mayo!!!)


N- Number of Siblings?

One - sister (However, once I'm married I'll have three sisters in law and three brothers in law. Wow.)


O- Oranges or apples?

Both, I guess.


P- Phobias/Fears?

Heights; crowds (recent development); forgetting words to songs in front of an audience.


Q- Favorite Quote?

"You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd, but you can be happy if you have a mind to..." - Roger Miller (country singer/songwriter)


R- Reason to Smile?

D, my cats, my nieces and nephew, and Chubby Hubby on sale.


S- Season?

Spring and early fall.


T- Tag three people!

Oh - my - how about...Brian, Thumper, and Crystal! Har har...thank me later.


U- Unknown Fact About Me?

I went on a blind date with one of the Brandt Brothers (U of I star wrestlers and identical twins - I don't remember which one, but I knew the date was doomed when the guy said, "I quit band in the 6th grade". Kiss o' death on that one.)


V- Vegetable you hate?

Brussel Sprouts, raw tomatoes.


W- Worst habit?

Too much talk, not enough action (again, I'm keepin' this one...); also, the whole communing with TV and ice cream is kind of killer.


X- X-Rays you've had?

Teeth, lungs, ankle bones, foot bones.


Y- Your favorite food?

Pizza, roast chicken, spaghetti carbonara, a good green salad, tacos


Z- Zodiac?

Aquarius