Thursday, January 19, 2006

Some final thoughts for a Thursday...


Philip Seymour Hoffman...Golden Globe winner for Best Actor in a Dramatic Film, and another member of Sudiegirl's "Unlikely Sexy Guys" pantheon. He's furry, cuddly, and very very versatile. Yeah, he's married...yeah, he has a child...gimme a break! I can dream, can't I? I really want him to win the Oscar this year...even though I haven't seen "Capote" yet. I just want him to win because he's so CUTE and CUDDLY!!!!! (OH GOD...I'm nauseating myself with this hyperbole. Let's move on...)



On the right...Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix. Reese supposedly made a "faux pas" regarding her Chanel dress; it seems that Kirsten Dunst wore it three years ago. OK...I've discussed this in one of my first entries for August '04...what is the big f'ing deal about wearing the same dress as someone else? I mean, come on! I realize that it's not like shopping at Sears or Dress Barn, but really, there's more to life than that. The sooner movie stars realize that, the less therapy they'll need. And BTW, is it just me, or does Joaquin look like he's been on a three-day bender? Maybe it was a tad stuffy in the auditorium and he was just getting comfortable...who cares? I would also like him to win the Academy Award, but I want Philip Seymour Hoffman to win it more. Call me crazy...everyone else does.






Rest in peace, Wilson Pickett...

And finally, the finger in Wendy's chili case has been resolved. I actually feel badly for the Wendy's restaurant chain about this...two greedy f*****s go so far as to find a severed finger and place it in chili, then blame the restaurant. I've never had problems with Wendy's food, and I've always thought they were one of the better fast food chains out there. So way to go, American judicial system!

That's all I got...talk at ya later...