Sunday, January 15, 2006

Happy day before Martin Luther King's Birthday...


(Image of Bugs Bunny on an Indian cycle is from
http://www.bikemenu.com. Sweet, no?)

Sorry I've been so delinquent in writing in here...I just haven't been as motivated as I should. Mood stuff, weather, whatever...but I'm here and writing now so just deal with it.

BTW, I made some family members angry by writing petty things in here, and for those actions alone I am sorry. That doesn't change my opinion about y'all or what you did through the years, just the manner in how I portray myself in regards to you and my feelings towards you. So that's enough of that editorial comment.

Anyway...what else have I to share?

Hmmm...I am sad that Shelley Winters passed away. She was one of the patron saints of brassy broads like myself. She had good taste in men (many lookers in her past...read both her biographies to see what I mean), and she was true to her beliefs and wasn't shy about voicing them. And she stayed pretty active in the Hollywood game until her health no longer held out. Plus, she started out as a good Midwestern girl (St. Louis, MO is her town of birth, I believe) so what more could you ask for in this world?

I regret that I didn't get to watch this week's installation of "The Book of Daniel", but my ex mother-in-law informed me that it was a corker. I did see in the news where the NBC affiliate in Nashville has also pulled it from their lineup. The subject matter probably competes with too many country and western songs. Oh well...

And the poor ol' Redskins didn't make it through the playoffs. I'm kind of bummed about that...I've never lived in a big city that's in the throes of their home team making it to the Super Bowl. Being 6 hours away from Chicago in 1986 when they made it to the Superbowl is the closest I've gotten, and in a moment of insanity I bought the "Super Bowl Shuffle" single. I even remember the words:
We are the Bears' shuff'lin crew,
shuff'lin on down, doin' it for you,
we're so bad we know we're good...
blowin' your minds like you knew we would.
We're not here to cause no scuffle,
we're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle."

How sad is that? I can't remember where my car keys are but I remember that stupid song. Thank God they won.

And on that note, happy MLK B-Day (early)...

Sudiegirl