Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Thank you's, plus bits and pieces that are HAPPY


(This drawing is from http://abc.typepad.com/. I think it's gorgeous, and I hope you do too.)

Well, whataya know? Sudiegirl is being visited more and more. Partially because a minister named Dr. Ray Pritchard (his site is listed in my picks on the sidebar, BTW) featured an entry of mine in his webpage. The other part is because I have made some great friends in this blogworld, and I want to say THANK YOU to all of them. You guys are a precious gift to me, and I think you so much. I am starting to run out of room on my sidebar, but don't worry...I'll delete other stuff before I delete your listings. :)

Other things I'm happy about (don't know if you are or not, but this isn't your blog, now, is it? HAHAHAHAH):

  1. My friend SpongeBlog has a really funny video on his site, and to see it, click on this link: http://www.youtube.com/?v=B3QQkUGWKvs. It's a Three Stooges video clip set to Madonna's new hit single...pretty funny.
  2. George Clooney was nominated for 4 Golden Globes! Woo-Hoo! One for acting, and three for producing, directing, and co-writing the Edward R. Murrow biopic "Good Night and Good Luck". Life is good sometimes.
  3. I got to go to Long John Silvers's last night! (Long-time readers know of my obsession with LJS...if you don't, that's what the archives are for!)

Into each life, however...some rain must fall. My friend Kandi S. sent me this e-mail regarding prospective Supreme Court justice Alito, and I thought I'd include it in case you'd like to know how to contact your congressperson regarding the issue.

Here you go...

ADA Watch and other disability organizations have joined the effort to educate Americans about the risks to disability rights should Judge Samuel A. Alito be confirmed to lifetime seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. Additionally, if Alito is confirmed he will continue his legacy of minimizing Congress's powers and destroying the balance of power between the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of government.

Not only will the rights of the disabled (ADA), minorities (TVII), and citizens over the age of forty(ADEA) be affected, but so will congress's power in other areas to enact ANY legislation.I just used the action center at www.adawatch.org to contact my Senators, asking them to oppose Alito's confirmation.

I strongly recomend that you join ADA Watch, Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law, Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund, National Council on Independent Living, and many others in opposing Alito.Please go to www.adawatch.org to contact Congress now!

For more information regarding Judge Samuel A. Alito's disturbing record on disability rights go to: http://www.bazelon.org/takeaction/alerts/11-13-05-AlitoAlert.htm

Take action now at http://www.democracyinaction.org/adawatch/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1697

I'd better hang it up for a few hours, but please know that I really do appreciate the people that come to visit my site, whether or not they agree with me. I'm just glad you came to visit. Please also leave a note in comments if you like...

Sudiegirl the most appreciative