Friday, August 05, 2005

Yep...makes me proud to see my home state makin' the news like this...NOT!

Sudiegirl sez: My first thought, swear to God, was "I didn't know Spencer was big enough for a Subway!" How podunk is that? Oh well, just goes to show you that Iowa can keep up with the big boys as far as weirdness and public nudity are concerned. So let's bare all, shall we? (sigh...bad pun...)

Nude Man in Ski Mask Enters Sandwich Shop
Thu Aug 4, 8:51 PM ET

SPENCER, Iowa - A man who police say showed up at a sandwich shop wearing nothing but a ski mask will face several charges once he's released from the hospital, police said Thursday. (Well, there goes his Jaycees membership.)
Mathias Kout, 55, of Spencer, walked into a Subway about 11 p.m. Wednesday without any clothes on - except for the mask. (Wouldn't it have been kind of hot and scratchy?)

He didn't stay long and he didn't order anything, Police Chief Mike Lashbrook said. (Well, thank heaven for small favors...)
A woman was working at the counter when Kout walked in, Lashbrook said. (This should get interesting...)
Not long after, the woman's boyfriend walked in and Kout left, he said. (How anti-climactic.)
Police spotted a pickup truck described as the one Kout left in. During a chase, Kout lost control and crashed, Lashbrook said. (OOW...and not a stitch of clothing on either. I'll bet the paramedics were biting their tongues trying not to laugh.)
Kout was taken to a local hospital, where he remained Thursday. Hospital officials did not release any information about his condition. (Well, I'll bet "not naked anymore" was on the top of the list.")
Lashbrook said he doesn't believed Kout intended to rob the restaurant. He wasn't armed, the chief said. (Well of course he was; he had two of them, didn't he?)
"I'm not sure what he would rob it with," he said. (Well, I'm not sure if that's an insult or not...men?)
Information from KICD-AM, http://www.kicdam.com
Sudiegirl's final opinion?
Yep, my home state is as weird as the rest of 'em. Makes me so proud I could puke.